Friday, November 14, 2008

ANDREAS EKSTROM: Teaching & Learning

1. What's your learning style? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Can't say that I am sure that I know how to fit myself into any of those three. All I know is that I learn best when I am curious.

2. What's the most useful thing you have learned that can be applied both, to your personal and to your professional life? To take big steps in small steps. To get shit done, rather than postponing.

3. Can you share what's been the most useful thing you have ever taught? I really don't know what that would be. Probably something I by example have taught my daughters about how to interact with other people.

4. What's the best piece of advice you've ever gotten? ”Only pass the vehicle in front of you if you are absolutely sure there is enough space and time.” Sounds shallow? No! My dad one day changed his regular ”drive safely” to this, just one time. And by changing a standard, he made a thought really stick. So I take that experience and apply to other things. I always tell myself to ”be professional”. But what if I turn that into something real, like ”run spell-check twice, you wrote this in a hurry” or ”make sure you leave NO loose ends in this interview”? I really make a difference for myself.

5. If there was one thing you wished everyone in this planet learned, what would it be? That's easy: Empathy.

No comments: