Saturday, November 1, 2008

WEEK FIVE: Five questions on TRAVEL, WORK and POLITICS

Rather than focus on just one main subject area this week, I decided to have this set of questions be more of a variety pack. There are questions on travel, work and politics. Enjoy!

1. Can you describe a favorite travel memory? It doesn’t have to be extraordinary - simple is good, too – but what is a memory of some travel experience that you treasure?

2. What is something you’ve learned from traveling - a lesson that you’ve tried to carry with you in the rest of your life?

3. I’ve been doing a bit of reading about work and careers lately, and came across this quote: “Jump, and a net will appear.” What does that say to you, if anything, and does it apply in any way to your own life?

4. Here is another quote about work and life choices that I recently discovered: “I must simplify my life, and whittle down what I do to the things that I am absolutely the most passionate about, or else I risk being stuck in mediocrity.” Similarly, what does that say to you, if anything, and does it apply to your own life?

5. The U.S presidential election is on Tuesday. By the time you have to answer this question, we’ll know the outcome of the vote. How do you think the result of this election affects how the world views the U.S.? (Or, if you prefer, how you personally view the U.S., or how the U.S. might view itself?)

No comments: